Welcome to Character-in-Action
You have entered a land where Character rules. You may have planned to visit, or you may have stumbled across our border. Either way, we welcome you, and hope you will enjoy your stay.
Teachers find exciting Character Education materials here. From purpose-written books to attention-getting lesson plans to unusual activities and songs – we provide a wide range of helps. Join a Preferred Membership program, or order a la carte. Either way, we will partner with you in teaching character to any age.
Parents, business people, and community leaders use our materials to train those for whom they have responsibility. Others use them for personal character building. Take time to look around and, if you don’t see what you need, contact us.
Featured Blog Posts
Everyone is getting a character tattoo! Everyone! The “vogue” is not limited to one nation or even one hundred nations either. Globally, everyone is getting a character tattoo.
No, I am not exaggerating. Keep reading.
Three Kinds of Character Tattoo
If you ask a colleague if he or she already has a character tattoo, you may not get a clear answer. People tend to assume they know what you mean, but character tattoos fall into many different categories. A quick look at just these three categories will show what I mean.
1. Character tattoos ~ that represent creatures (characters) from cartoons, anime, video games, etc. Many people pay to have animation characters, whether charming or grotesque, inked on their bodies. Each of these character tattoos conveys a message, a […]
Help your students understand that people of character take action to avoid putting everyone into one category regardless of individuals’ actions. They avoid lumping people together.
- They never speak of “slave owners” as though all were the same. They know that among the wicked slave owners were men and women of character who treated their slaves so well, the slaves never wanted to leave them.
- They never talk about “police officers” as though all are the same. They know that among the wicked police officers are men and women of character who work hard to enforce laws and keep peace.
- They never talk about “white people” or “Asian people” or “black people” or any other group as though all in the group are the same. They need to […]
Fireworks explode around the world, people shout “Happy New Year” – and many make New Year’s Resolutions. Maybe you made resolutions this year, but let me ask you this: “What is the origin of New Year’s resolutions, and is there a secret to keeping yours this year?”
The origin of New Year’s resolutions does not rest in recent history, even though resolutions are popular in the 21st century. We must travel some 4,000 years backward to find the origin of New Year’s resolutions. There, stepping down from our time machine, we find ourselves in ancient Babylon – the country of origin for New Year’s resolutions.
How did the Babylonians come up with such a practice?
New Year’s resolutions did not originate as promises the people of Babylonia made […]
Preferred Membership Options
You get great benefits when you join our Preferred Membership. A wealth of ready-to-use materials is yours to download and print immediately. It’s easy! It’s fast! You save money and time! Simply click on the tabs below and compare our five (5) membership levels. Then choose the one that fits you best, and get started today.
Browse Our Main Categories
With Aristotle, we see story telling as the most effective teaching method, and offer character-teaching stories. Learn More >
If you aren’t sure what book you need, browse the catalog. If you already know, order it quickly. Learn More >
You’re bound to find a hot topic in our blog, designed to convey information and stimulate conversation. Learn More >
Preferred Membership is a deliberate, thoughtful choice to be the best character builder you can be. Learn More >
Why Choose Us
- You save time, energy, and money because we do most of the work for you!
- You get the absolute results you need because we communicate absolute values!
- You get materials that are all prepared by a career teacher/principal/published author!
- You get thoroughly tested materials that are used successfully at every grade level!
- You get a thought-provoking program that encourages 66 rather than a mere 6 traits.
What Customers Say
I was very excited to discover your program. The animals are cute, the lessons well planned. It is exactly what I was looking for to teach character to my children. We love the books and I have already begin recommending them to my friends! Thank you for this awesome opportunity!.
I am particularly impressed with the beauty and richness of the language of your series. Rich, colorful imagery and warmly personalized narrative combine with natural dialogue to engage and delight the reader. … little animal characters romp across the pages with a vibrancy, verve and a level of reflection, easily modeled by young audiences.
I really enjoyed your books and the message they provide students. They can be such a wonderful resource for me in the future. It seems that character education is not being taught at home anymore and it is left up to the schools to implement programs.
I have reviewed many websites and libraries reviewing materials on Character Education. I was really impressed by the information your site had and the material and resources available. I would like to be able to use this information and then promote it to area schools here in our area because like I said, good resources are hard to come by!
I just finished reading the books and they are wonderful. —just what we need for Character Counts! Thanks!