We want to give you a free character education lesson plan for Christians!
Free character education lesson plans that are based on biblical truths can be difficult to find. Some are available, but many of those are written by untrained teachers who developed them for single classes in a single Christian school. Some are written for use by adults. A number of them are written by home school parents who, although very capable of teaching their own children, may not be apt to teach others.
What’s wrong with such free character education lesson plans?
Free character education lesson plans of that nature may have nothing wrong with them biblically, but consider a few facts:
- The teacher knew the students in one class – but had little experience outside of that.
- The teacher knew those students’ needs – but not other students’ needs.
- The teacher knew the skill level of those students – but not of other students.
- The teacher knew his or her own teaching abilities – but not those of other teachers.
- The teacher is likely not a trained writer – and may not convey material clearly.
- The material may not have been effective – and will not be effective for you.
- The material may not be appropriate for a Christian setting.
Free character education lesson plans often give an exact return on what you paid – NOTHING.
When we offer free character education lesson plans, or any other kind of material, we add as much value as possible. We believe it is our responsibility as Christians to do everything as unto the Lord. We believe that means we must add value wherever we can.
- Our character education lesson plans are prepared by experienced Christian educators.
- All of our final materials are written by best-selling author, Elizabeth L. Hamilton, who has known and served the Lord for more than 40 years.
- Our materials are based on decades of teaching character in the classroom – often in Christian classrooms.
- Our educators have taught in classrooms at every age level and in varied nations.
- We write all materials in easy-to-understand language that everyone can use.
- Our examples are totally acceptable in Christian settings.
- Christian teachers have proven our materials effective many times over.
- Our materials are being used effectively in many countries of the world.
Free character education lesson plans for Christians are usually not made available to everyone who visits our site, although we do give them to those church workers and Christian teachers who subscribe to lifetime Preferred Membership.
YOU get one free character education lesson plan because we want you to try it.
By clicking on the downloadable, printable PDF below, you get a sample of what members get. Your sample is an exact copy of Lesson #1 in our “Christian Character Lesson Plans.”
“Christian Character Lesson Plans” save you time and effort by doing much of the work for you. They start with a one-paragraph preview, and list everything you will need to teach your class. Then they give step-by-step instructions on what to do and what to say. They close with biblical applications of the Christian character traits taught.
You could almost teach these without thinking – but Christian teachers wouldn’t do that.
Free character education lesson plans will be added regularly to the Preferred Membership site, so you’ll want to subscribe. The one-time, low fee gives you lifetime membership, with a wealth of help for teaching Christian character traits. Click here to learn more about Preferred Membership.
Detailed, introductory lesson for all ages provides a visual presentation of basic Christian character as a wall you build into your life, with individual boxes representing particular Christian character traits. Optional assessment in the form of a game requiring participation by all shows current grasp of character. Lesson closes with an application of the biblical house-on-the-rock-house-on-the-sand story given by Jesus. Coloring page included for use with lower age levels.